Programs We Fund
North Canton Medical Foundation will collaborate and sponsor programs that provide for health and wellness for the community, including an emphasis on the underserved in our community. Examples of programs we currently fund include:
- Involvement and support of the Hartville Migrant Medical Clinic.
- Involvement and support of Access Health Stark County.
- Melanoma awareness education programs.
- Collaborative programs with the North Canton YMCA for nutrition education and physical rehabilitation after cancer treatments.
- Financial support for a diabetic education program for individuals in the community.
- A Cancer Relief Fund that provides temporary financial support to cancer patients needing assistance with cancer treatment-related costs. Its mission is to ease the suffering of cancer patients by providing for their immediate needs in ways not provided for by other programs.
- Support of retired physicians who volunteer at free clinics through the Retired Physician’s Program.